Warner Brothers’ Media Camp – Demo Day!
Today was awesome! Ever since I heard Thomas Gewecke (Chief Digital Officer & EVP, Strategy & Business Development at Warner Brothers) speak about creating new business models at the E2 Conference at USC, I’ve been a big fan what WB has been doing in terms of incubating new technology.
Today they really put their money where their mouth is by hosting their first demo day for Media Camp. After 3 months of mentoring with WB’s execs Media Camp Alumni presented their businesses to a members of the Hollywood tech community. It was exciting to get a first glimpse of new possibilities in the film industry:
Today’s presenters included:
- Dealflicks 88% movie seats r empty @Dealflicks fills theaters w customers who would not otherwise attend
- Kumbuya translates social engagement in2 sales & it’s growing faster than Pinterest
- Cinecore 835k sheets of paper for 1 30min sitcom @cinecore aims 2 take production digital & green
- Reelhouse video platform integrates strategic alliances, merch, social & cast & crew interaction. The preferred platform for Sundance filmmaker’s.
- Skit! Creating engagement for films between release windows. I made my very own Mad Max Skit! You can check it out here.
Keep an eye on these companies – with the support of Warner Brothers, they are on the verge of great things!